Let your child choose what they want to read. Create a reading time. Let your kids see you reading. Show interest in what your kids are reading . Take your kids to the library and a book store. Create a reward system for the number of books your kids read. Reading improves kids comprehension skills.… [read more]
It’s informative. It’s engaging. It’s funny. It’s Christian based. It can be read in less than an hour. It is free. It builds self esteem. It improves study habits. It focuses on the family. It focuses on friendship.
1.Make a schedule. 2.Plan dinners with your kids. 3.Don’t cook a lot of fried unhealthy meals. 4.Introduce new foods slowly. 5.Use dips to help kids to eat raw vegetables. 6.Make breakfast count by adding fruits. 7.Sprinkle some sugar on fruits and vegetables. 8. Allow your kids to help you cook. 9. Cut back on… [read more]
1. Phonemic awareness, letter sound knowledge, and concepts of print. 2. Phonics and decoding 3. Fluency 4. Vocabulary 5. Comprehension 6. Written Expression 7. Spelling and handwriting 8. Assessment of Reading Skills 9. Reading materials should be based on the child’s interest. 10. Children should be read to when they are young.
1. You have to work for the things you want. 2. Everything comes at a price. 3. Save your money. 4. It’s better to give than receive. 5. Help those in need. 6. Give what you can. 7. Sometimes you have to wait on the things you… [read more]
1. Dance Mat Typing http://www.rogers2.smmusd.org/teachers/type/ 2. Typing Games https://www.typing.com/typinglessons 3. The Typing of the Ghosts http://www.abcya.com/ghost_typing.htm 4. Key-Man http://www.typingmaster.com/games/keyman.asp 5. Key Seeker http://annrymer.com/keyseeker/ 6. Alpha Munchies http://www.abcya.com/kids_typing_game.htm 7. Type-a-Balloon https://www.typing.com/student/games/play/type-a-balloon 8. Typing Ninja https://www.typing.com/student/games/play/keyboard-ninja 9. Type Type Revolution http://www.learninggamesforkids.com/keyboarding_games/keyboarding_games_type_type_revolution.html 10. Typing Chef http://www.sense-lang.org/typing/games/typingchef.php http://www.todaysparent.com/kids/technology/fun-typing-games-for-kids/
1. It is funny. 2. It relates to the real world. 3. It talks to kids about prayer. 4. It talks to kids about friendship. 5. It talks to kids about hard work. 6. It talks to kids about the importance of school. 7. It talks… [read more]
1. You care about your kids. 2. Students benefit academically from parent involvement. 3. To get connected with other parents. 4. You can help teachers become successful. 5. You can advocate for kids. 6. You will play a part in decisions that affect children. 7.… [read more]
1: Reading is not their strength. 2: They can’t read as fast as their peers. 3: They fear they will have to read out loud and be embarrassed. 4: They often have low self-esteem in regards to reading. 5: They believe they have to finish every… [read more]